The Bhushan & Santosh Khashu Research Award, established with a generous contribution from Dr. Bhushan Khashu and & his wife, Dr. Santosh Khashu, both prominent physicians and philanthropists from New York, supports graduate students pursuing research projects focusing on the life and legacy of Rabindranath Tagore. The award provides for one grant of $5000 for research travel to South Asia. Students may propose to conduct research in Santiniketan, West Bengal or at another location relevant to Tagore’s life. Priority will be given to mid-career graduate students conducting research toward a Master's thesis or dissertation proposal. Graduate students at UC Berkeley and other University of California campuses will be given priority.
The application process will open on February 1, 2022. Join our maiing list to receive notification of when the application opens.
The deadline for submission of application materials to take place during the summer of 2022 (i.e., May - August 2022) or the 2021-22 academic year (i.e. August 2022 - May 2023), is April 1, 2022 by 5 pm.
To apply please click the link above.
In your application please include the following:
- A cover letter stating the need for travel (750 words or less)
- A 2-page project proposal (double-spaced) (PDF format)
- A budget (only for research) (PDF format)
- A CV (PDF format)
- One letter of support from your advisor (PDF, sent by the recommenders directly)
- Please Note:
- One award of upto $5000 will be given for Research Travel to South Asia.
- Students may propose to conduct research in Santiniketan, West Bengal or at another location relevant to Tagore’s life.
Please submit applications through the application portals provided above. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
For questions, please email: Puneeta Kala at email@example.com