Institute for South Asia Studies
10 Stephens Hall (Rear Annex)
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, California 94720-2310
(510) 642-3608 (Voice)
(510) 643-5793 (Fax)
Monday ~ Thursday: 9am to 5 pm
For Driving Directions to campus please do one of the following:
- Click this Google Maps Link and enter your point of departure.
- (or) See the General UC-Berkeley Visitor Information Website
- Campus Parking Map & Guide from the Campus Parking Website
- If you have a UC-Berkeley parking pass, we suggest Bancroft Way Parking Lot under the Tennis Court (See Green Checkmark on map over "Parking Structure 8").
- A list of parking in and around campus can be found here
For Transportation from San Francisco or Oakland Airports:
- BayPorter Express Shuttle Service
- (or) Take the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) to the Downtown Berkeley train stop
For Other Public Transport Info:
- Please see the Visitor Information on Public Tranportation.
After arriving on Campus, to reach ISAS on foot:
- From the Bancroft Parking Lot, walk north towards the North Field, the Hearst Memorial Gymnasium will be on your left. Turn left (west) at the North Field and walk on the north side of Hearst Gym. Continue until you reach Barrows Hall and turn right and walk north with Barrows Hall at your left. Continue north until you reach the Stephens Hall Rear Annex, just before the courtyard between Moses Hall and Stephens Hall, and the Institute will be on your right.
- From the Campanile (Sather Tower), walk southwest to the staircase between Moses Hall and Stephens Hall. Walk down the stairs and through the courtyard; the Ethnic Studies Library will be to your left and the Institute for Governmental Studies will be to your right. Immediately after the courtyard, The Institute will be on your left in the Stephens Hall Rear Annex.
- From Sather Gate on Sproul Plaza, walk east of Sproul Hall (on Eshleman Road), Barrows Hall will be to your right, and turn left at the cul-de-sac. The Institute will be on your right in the Stephens Hall Rear Annex just before you reach the courtyard.
If you get lost, please call our office at (510) 642-3608.