APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAR 31, 2023
A new Mumbai-based paid summer internship program of Reliance Industries Limited for postgraduate (Master’s and PhD) students from UC Berkeley and 6-7 other US- and UK-based universities.
Interns will be placed with teams from across the Reliance Foundation ecosystem based on their interest and experience in the areas of education, women empowerment, rural transformation, disaster management, sports, and health. Interns will also be invited to join functional teams including communications, monitoring and evaluation, strategy and program development, and research and thought-leadership.
Application Deadline: Mar 31, 2023.
Scroll down for further details.
About Reliance Industries Limited
India is a nation of a billion dreams, a billion aspirations and above all great opportunities. Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is a Fortune 500 company and the largest private sector corporation in India. Our motto “Growth is Life” aptly captures the ever-evolving spirit of Reliance. We have evolved from being a textiles and polyester company to an integrated player across energy, materials, retail, entertainment and digital services. In each of these areas, we are committed to innovation-led, exponential growth. Our vision has pushed us to achieve global leadership in many of our businesses. Reliance's products and services portfolio touches almost all Indians on a daily basis, across economic and social spectrums. We are now focused on building platforms that will herald the Fourth Industrial Revolution and will create opportunities and avenues for India and all its citizens to realize their true potential.
Moving well beyond its business activities, Reliance Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Reliance Industries Limited, aims to play a catalytic role in addressing India’s development challenges through innovative and sustainable solutions. Reliance Foundation (RF) is relentlessly working towards facilitating transformative changes to ensure overall well-being and higher quality of life for all. Among India’s largest social initiatives, RF is focused on addressing the nation’s development challenges in Rural Transformation, Education, Health, Sports for Development, Disaster Response, Urban Renewal and Arts, Culture and Heritage. RF has touched the lives of more than 64 million people across India, in more than 53,000 villages and several urban locations.
Interns will get to contribute to and learn directly from this discourse through Reliance Foundation’s development programs. Learn more: www.reliancefoundation.org
Reliance Foundation (RF) is inviting applications for its Global Internship Program across multiple teams and programs. For the 2023 summer internships, we will be hiring interns to work across thematic areas, RF teams, and RF Institutions:
- RF Programs: Education, Women empowerment, Rural Transformation, Disaster Management, Sports for Development, Health
- RF Functional teams: Communications, Monitoring & Evaluation, Research and Thought-Leadership, Strategy and Program Development
Students will be able to indicate their areas of interest in their application. The specific internship focus area and responsibilities will be scoped-out during the interview process.
Why intern with Reliance Foundation?
This internship provides an exciting opportunity for students to work for India’s largest private sector company, which is leading India’s transformation towards a more inclusive and sustainable future for all:
- Get hands-on experience working in the development sector with one of India’s leading corporate foundations
- Participate in large-scale high impact development programs and projects that are pioneering in their field
- Earn research experience working on highly innovative development solutions in India
- Enhance, develop and apply your classroom skills and learnings to a real-world scenarios
- Contribute your rich international experience and fresh global perspectives to grow the Foundation’s impact
- Network with other interns and development sector professionals
- Opportunity to participate and gain experience in organizing multi-stakeholder events and convenings
- Gain exposure to career opportunities in the philanthropic sector
- Duration: 2 months minimum and up to 3 months depending on student availability, starting mid-June 2023
- Format: In-person, in Mumbai, India
- Support: Support for travel to and from India and accommodation will be provided. At the same time, successful candidates are encouraged to approach their college to enquire about the possibility of applying for a travel grant. Students will also be given a stipend of INR 10,000 per month to cover their basic costs while in India.
- Pre-selected candidates will be asked to provide a reference, either academic or professional.
Personal Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Must haves/Essential:
- Currently pursuing or just graduated from a Postgraduate degree (Master’s / PhD)
- Strong academic background
- Good knowledge of development sector issues, with expert knowledge in at least one area of relevance to Reliance Foundation’s work
- Candidates from social sciences/humanities/public policy/development studies are preferred. However, this does not restrict candidates from science, commerce, and other streams to apply, with demonstrated passion and commitment to working in the social sector
- Prior work experience in the development sector is appreciated but not mandatory
- Key Competencies:
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people o Good organisation and time management skills
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Excellent analytical, synthesis and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Applications will close on March 31, 2023
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Application screening, applicant interviews, and selection will be done by Reliance Foundation
To apply, please submit THIS form before March 31, 2023.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Application form URL: https://forms.gle/fk111ak4LaaRz6yYA
For questions, please reach out to Careers.firstname.lastname@example.org