Past Videos: 2016 | 2017 | 2018
Reaching across disciplines, this symposium serves as a space to showcase the research of young UC Berkeley scholars focusing on South Asia. The 4th annual symposium will take place at the Institute for South Asia Studies Monday, April 29, 2019 from 4-6:30 PM. Selected students will present their original thesis work to UC Berkeley faculty, ISAS staff, and their peers.
- Undergraduates must have upper class standing. MA/MS candidates should be in their final year.
- Must be either enrolled in a departmental honors or capstone thesis program.
- Thesis must be original research.
- Must be available on Monday, April 29, 2019 from 4-6:30 PM for the symposium.
How to Apply
- Please complete the application form by 5 PM on Friday, April 5, 2019.
- Abstracts must be limited to 2000 characters (about 250 words).
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application starting April 10, 2019.
- Those that are selected for the symposium will be required to submit their final thesis title and abstract by Monday, April 22.
- The symposium will be held on Monday, April 29.
- Presentations must be 15 minutes each and will be followed by a five minute response from ISAS faculty.
- The symposium will conclude with a reception honoring the work of our students.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the symposium.