Berkeley-AIPS Urdu Language Program in Pakistan Now Accepting Applications by Non-U.S. Citizens
Application Deadline 5pm PST, March 1, 2020
To be eligible for the program all applicants must meet ONE of the outlined criteria:
- Completion of a Bachelor's program from an accredited U.S. University,
- Enrollment in an accredited graduate level university program,
- Affiliation as a scholar/faculty person with an institution of higher learning in the U.S.
Participation in the BULPIP-AIPS Program is also contingent upon:
- Demonstrating basic level expertise in Urdu before starting the program,
- Conducting a Skype interview with the selection committee,
- Applicant’s ability to obtain a visa for Pakistan,
- Being in good mental and physical health.
All qualified students, regardless of race, sex, color, creed, age, handicap, or sexual orientation are welcome.
- The program fee for the fall semester program is $7,900, which includes tuition, housing, security, local transportation, and excursion costs,
- Applicants who are non-U.S. citizens will need to procure their own funding and to cover the following expenses:
- Program fee
- Plane tickets to Pakistan
- Pakistan Visa Fee
- Travel & Emergency Evacuation Insurance coverage for the duration of the program
- Cost of food and incidentals for the duration of the program roughly (estimated at $500 per month).
- All applications MUST be received by 5pm (Pacific Standard Time), March 1, 2020
- Skype interview of shortlisted candidates will be scheduled for mid-March
- Program Dates: August 10, 2020 through December 10, 2020 (approx. fifteen weeks)
How to Apply
The below outlined applications materials must be emailed to email@example.com
by March 1, 2020 5pm (Pacific Standard Time)
- All 13 pages of the completed Berkeley-AIPS Urdu Language Program in Pakistan Application. Available HERE
- A Curriculum Vitae or Resume which details work experience, honors/awards, educational background (area of study), community service involvements, and other relevant information.
- Two recommendations (with at least one from a person who can assess your Urdu language skills),
- Transcript(s) of your course work.
- A scanned copy of your check for $50 (non-refundable fee) made payable to Regents of the University of California. Please note that applications will not be processed until the hard copy of the check is received by the Institute. Actual checks should be mailed to:
BULPIP-AIPS Urdu Language Program, 2020
Institute for South Asia Studies, UC Berkeley
10 Stephens Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720-2310
All documents must be received by Institute for South Asia Studies staff no later than 5pm PST on March 1, 2020.
We highly recommend submitting all documents prior to the deadline as late submissions will not be accepted