Subir and Malini Chowdhury Center Internships
APPLICATION | PROJECTS | AWARDEES
Please submit the following:
- A paragraph response to each of the following (not to exceed 250 words per paragraph):
- Basic applicant information: Name, SID, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, Department Graduation Date
- Knowledge: State your potential contributions to the internship and which project interests you the most. Share with us your background in using various methodologies to conduct research.
- Leadership: Please discuss your leadership experience and how you could be a contributing member of diverse team.
- Cultural competency: Please discuss your international and/or domestic cross-cultural experiences and include any other relevant information such as language ability.
- Commitment: What are your goals for participation as a researcher? What do you expect to learn? Why would you be committed to this program?
- Faculty mentor: Please identify a faculty mentor that can be involved in supervising your work during the summer.
- Other: Share anything else about yourself to help the selection committee in their decision.
- Letter/Email from a faculty mentor agreeing to act as your supervisor during the internship. This can be documented as email communication or on letterhead. The primary supervisor will be your BLAST mentor but the UC Berkeley mentor would act as your resource and monitor your work.
- Curriculum Vitae or resume which details work experience, honors/awards, educational background (area of study), community service involvements, and other relevant information.
- Unofficial transcript(s) of your course work at UC Berkeley.
Please send all materials by the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Bangladesh internship/research” in the subject line.